VMware vSphere: What’s New [v6.7 to v7]
Available on request.
For more information click on button below
In this three-day, hands-on training course, you will explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server 7.0 and VMware ESXi 7.0. Real-world use case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures will teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere 7. This class is recommended for students who want to deploy vSphere 7 into their existing vSphere environment.
This course is intended primarily for:
- System administrators
- IT Managers
- VMware Partners
- System architects
- Individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere architectures
This course requires completion of the one of the following courses, OR equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter:
- Attendance of the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course OR
- Attendance of the VMware vSphere: Fast Track course OR
- Attendance of the VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale course OR
- Attendance of the VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting course
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no guidance or assistance before attending this course:
- Install and configure ESX or ESXi
- Install vCenter Server
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESX/ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere VMFS datastore
- Use a content library template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere vMotion and VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler cluster
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere High Availability cluster
- Use VMware vSphere Update Manager to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and VMs
*Should you not be able to complete these tasks, you should instead complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v7 course
VMware has been at the forefront with innovative software solutions that enable a software-defined enterprise. To take advantage, organizations need IT professionals who possess the cloud and virtualization skills required to support these environments.
For nearly 8 years, Torque IT has maintained the status of VMware Authorized Training Centre (VATC) in Africa. Torque IT is the first South African owned VMware Authorized Training Centre (VATC) that has locally available skills and resources to offer our clients the broadest range of scheduled authorized VMware training courses, across our national offices, or onsite at any of our customer’s offices across Africa.
Torque IT has been the proud recipient of the prestigious (VATC) of the year award in Africa for four consecutive years. These achievements reflect our commitment to providing you with the highest quality skills development, enablement, training, and certification solutions that demonstrate exceptional depth, breadth, and expertise across Data Center Virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center & Cloud Management, Network Virtualization and End-User Computing.