From: R19 900,00
Price excluding VAT
This five-day, intensive course takes you from introductory to advanced VMware vSphere management skills. Building on the installation and configuration content from our Install, Configure, Manage course, you will also develop advanced skills needed to manage and maintain a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lectures and hands-on labs, you will install, configure and manage vSphere 7.
You will explore the features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size using vSphere 7, which includes VMware ESXi 7 and VMware vCenter Server 7.
This course is intended primarily for:
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Install and configure VMware ESXi hosts
- Deploy and configure VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- Use VMware vSphere Client to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
- Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
- Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
- Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere VMFS datastores
- Use the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a content library and deploy virtual machines from templates in the library
- Manage virtual machine resource use and manage resource pools
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere vMotion and VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
- Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere High Availability and VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
- Create virtual networks with VMware vSphere Distributed Switch and enable distributed switch features
- Discuss solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
- Use VMware vSphere Lifecycle Manager to perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and virtual machines
- Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
- Describe how vSphere storage APIs help storage systems integrate with vSphere
- Configure and use virtual machine storage policies
VMware has been at the forefront with innovative software solutions that enable a software-defined enterprise. To take advantage, organizations need IT professionals who possess the cloud and virtualization skills required to support these environments.
For nearly 8 years, Torque IT has maintained the status of VMware Authorized Training Centre (VATC) in Africa. Torque IT is the first South African owned VMware Authorized Training Centre (VATC) that has locally available skills and resources to offer our clients the broadest range of scheduled authorized VMware training courses, across our national offices, or onsite at any of our customer’s offices across Africa.
Torque IT has been the proud recipient of the prestigious (VATC) of the year award in Africa for four consecutive years. These achievements reflect our commitment to providing you with the highest quality skills development, enablement, training, and certification solutions that demonstrate exceptional depth, breadth, and expertise across Data Center Virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center & Cloud Management, Network Virtualization and End-User Computing.