Available on request.
For more information click on button below
In this three-day course, students will focus on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware vSAN 6.7. Students will learn how vSAN functions as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center and will gain practical experience with vSAN concepts through the completion of hands-on lab exercises.
This course is intended primarily for:
- Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSan
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v6.7 (ESX6) course
- Experience working at the command line is helpful
The course material presumes that students can perform the following tasks with no guidance or assistance:
- Use VMware vSphere Web client
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect a VMware ESXi host to NAS, Iscsi, or Fibre channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere vMotion
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere storage vMotion
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v6.7 (ESX6) course before attending this course
VMware has been at the forefront with innovative software solutions that enable a software-defined enterprise. To take advantage, organizations need IT professionals who possess the cloud and virtualization skills required to support these environments.
For nearly 8 years, Torque IT has maintained the status of VMware Authorized Training Centre (VATC) in Africa. Torque IT is the first South African owned VMware Authorized Training Centre (VATC) that has locally available skills and resources to offer our clients the broadest range of scheduled authorized VMware training courses, across our national offices, or onsite at any of our customer’s offices across Africa.
Torque IT has been the proud recipient of the prestigious (VATC) of the year award in Africa for four consecutive years. These achievements reflect our commitment to providing you with the highest quality skills development, enablement, training, and certification solutions that demonstrate exceptional depth, breadth, and expertise across Data Center Virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center & Cloud Management, Network Virtualization and End-User Computing.