From: R19 800,00
Price excluding VAT
This is a combined Foundation and Practitioner level course which is divided into two modules:
One, a 3-day Foundation level which provides students with a solid understanding of the principles, themes and processes of the course which results in members participating in the Foundation examination on the final day.
The second, a 2-day Practitioner level which allows the delegates an opportunity to gain a broader understanding of the application of PRINCE2, in a Project Management context, by discussing and practicing the application of these skills in a facilitated environment. The 2-day event provides an opportunity for participants to take the Practitioner examination.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) 35.
The course is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including Project Board Members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
Students will be required to complete pre-course reading prior to their attendance to ensure that they are prepared for the course. Students should receive their courseware two weeks prior to the start date of the course. It is therefore encouraged that students read, and familiarize themselves with, the PRINCE2 official course manual prior to the start of the course. The Foundation exam is scheduled to take place on Wednesday and the Practitioner exam on Friday.
Whilst attending the course students should also be prepared to complete evening work.
To sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation (or higher) – this only applies to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- International Project Management Associate (IPMA) Level A® (Certified Projects Director).
- International Project Management Associate (IPMA) Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager).
- International Project Management Associate (IPMA) Level C® (Certified Project Manager).
- International Project Management Associate (IPMA) Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2.
- Have sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation. A successful practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their project management expertise, the complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
Torque IT offers authorized instructor led PRINCE2® training and certification solutions that ensure that attendees gain a solid understanding of Project Management as well as the PRINCE2® methodology.
The associated certifications, also available through Torque IT, serve to demonstrate that successful candidates possess the Project Management skills knowledge and abilities that are relevant, and in demand, in the industry today.
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is the world’s most practiced project management methodology and a de facto standard developed and used extensively by project managers around the world.
Embodying established and proven best practice in project management, PRINCE2® is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project. Regardless of type or scale PRINCE2® can be tailored to meet your organization or industry-specific requirements.