From: R8 900,00
Price excluding VAT
LPIC-1 is the first certification in LPI’s multi-level Linux professional certification program. The LPIC-1 will validate the candidate’s ability to perform maintenance tasks on the command line, install and configure a computer running Linux and configure basic networking.
The LPIC-1 is designed to reflect current research and validate a candidate’s proficiency in real world system administration. The objectives are tied to real-world job skills, which we determine through job task analysis surveying during exam development.
Topics such as the Linux command-line tools, software management, hardware configuration, filesystems, the X Window System, the boot process, scripts, security, documentation, administration and networking will be covered in this course.
- Anyone with little or no experience with Linux and who are seeking a fundamental understanding of the Linux operating system
- Anyone wishing to prepare for the LPI 101 and 102 exams
Before attending this course, delegates must have:
- Must have a little knowledge about Linux (What it is, and possibly a few Linux commands)
- Basic computer skills, such as how to use a keyboard and how to insert a disc into a CD-ROM drive.
To become LPIC-1 certified the candidate must be able to:
- Understand the architecture of a Linux system;
- Install and maintain a Linux workstation, including X11 and setup it up as a network client;
- Work at the Linux command line, including common GNU and Unix commands;
- Handle files and access permissions as well as system security; and
- Perform easy maintenance tasks: help users, add users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot.
Torque IT offers authorized instructor led LPIC training and certification solutions that ensure that attendees gain a solid foundational understanding of Linux. The associated certifications serve to demonstrate that successful candidates possess the Linux skills required for cloud, big data, mobile and network roles that are relevant, and in demand, in the industry today.
Linux adoption continues to rise world-wide as individual users, government entities and industries, ranging from automotive to space exploration, embrace open source technologies. This expansion of open source in enterprise is redefining traditional Information and Communication Technology (ICT) job roles to require more Linux skills.
Whether you are starting your career in Open Source, or looking for advancement, LPIC training and certification will help you stand out to hiring managers or to your management team.