This entry-level course is aimed at programmers who are new to Java and who need to learn its concepts, language constructs, and data types. The course is designed for programmers who will apply these language skills to develop programs using the latest major versions of the JDK, currently Java 11.
Developer, Implementer, System Integrator, System Administrator
- Basic Computer Knowledge.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Write Java code that uses variables, arrays, conditional and loop constructs of achieve program objectives
- Identify modular programming principles
- Access and create static fields and methods
- Encapsulate a class using access modifiers and overloaded constructors
- Manipulate numeric, text, and string data using appropriate Java operators
- Set environment variables to allow the Java compiler and runtime executables to function properly
- Create simple Java classes and use object references to access fields and methods in a class
- Demonstrate polymorphism by implementing a Java interface
- Handle a checked exception in a Java application
- Use a Predicate Lambda expression as the argument to a method
- Define and implement a simple class hierarchy that supports application requirements
|Lesson 1: what is a JAVA program
|Lesson 2: Creating a Java Main class
|Lesson 3: Data in the Cart
|Lesson 4: Managing Multiple Items
|Lesson 5: Describing Objects and Classes
|Lesson 6: Manipulating and Formatting the Data in Your Program
|Lesson 7: Creating and Using Methods
|Lesson 8: Creating and Using Methods
|Lesson 9: More on Conditionals
|Lesson 10: More on Arrays and Loops
|Lesson 11: Using Inheritance
|Lesson 12: Using Interfaces
|Lesson 13: Handling Exceptions
|Lesson 14: Deploying and Maintaining the Soccer Application
|Lesson 15: Understanding Modules
Associated certifications and exam:
This course prepares students to write Exam 1Z0-808: Java SE Programmer I exam.
On successful completion of this course students will receive an Oracle University attendance certificate.