From: R6 900,00
Price excluding VAT
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) course is an international, vendor-neutral cybersecurity certification that applies behavioural analytics to improve the overall state of IT security. The CySA+ course validates knowledge and skills that are required to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
In addition, this course covers the duties of those who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing a proper response to such incidents. Depending on the size of the organization, this individual may act alone or may be a member of a cybersecurity incident response team (CSIRT).
The course introduces delegates to tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks, identify various types of common threats, evaluate the organization’s security, collect and analyse cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur. Ultimately, the course promotes a comprehensive approach to security aimed towards those on the front lines of defence.
This course is designed primarily for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This course focuses on the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to provide for the defence of those information systems in a cybersecurity context, including protection, detection, analysis, investigation, and response processes.
In addition, the course ensures that all members of an IT team; everyone from help desk staff to the Chief Information Officer; understand their role in these security processes.
To ensure your success in this course, delegates should meet the following requirements:
- At least two years (recommended) of experience in computer network security technology or a related field
- The ability to recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management
- Foundation-level operational skills with some of the common operating systems for computing environments
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms
- Foundation-level understanding of some of the common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching
- Foundational knowledge of major TCP/IP networking protocols, including, but not limited to, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, and DHCP
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPNs
Delegates can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following courses at Torque IT:
- CompTIA A+ Bootcamp;
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
Torque IT, an established player in the CompTIA arena.
Torque IT offers comprehensive CompTIA training paths that form a foundation for a career in computer technology, which allows for the pursuit of specific areas of specialisation. Depending on the path chosen, Torque IT CompTIA vendor neutral certifications assist Students in building skills and knowledge, supporting learning throughout their entire IT career.